Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mobile TV and wireless service

I recently changed from T-Mobile to Verizon after having a T-Mobile account for over 8 years. I suffered through bad (really bad) coverage forever but still stayed with the brand. I finally decided to make the move sitting in an airport. I wanted to check email and found a "Hotspot." I decided to sign up for a one day pass and entered my log in information. Didn't work. I had to create a whole new account and re-enter all my billing information. That was it for me.

I switched to Verizon because they have great coverage, even in a little corner of North Carolina I visit often. I also wanted to see what the Mobile TV thing was all about. (And one day I would like to cut all cables and monthly fees from companies I don't really need otherwise like RBOCs and cable TV providers and get Wireless Broadband.)

I have used the Vcast service right about twice. Both times to show it to someone and say - "Wow! Isn't this cool!" Other than that I don't have much use for it and will probably drop it.

Which leads me to believe that Mobile TV is going to be adopted in countries where mass transit is a way of life - i.e. not the US. If I rode the metro for 45min a day I might like to see the Daily Show clips on my way to work. Otherwise I don't really have much of an opportunity to watch TV on my cell phone - who knew?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home