Monday, February 13, 2006

IPTV vs. TV over IP

Om raises a great issue about the ways in which video content are going to be consumed. He points to this comment by Thomas Nolle, “Steve Jobs took a giant step toward making IPTV a non-issue when he announced the Video iPod…..If consumers want portable, personalized, video experiences, will their as-I-want-it attitude carry over into their home-viewing patterns?”

Om asks for comments while also pointing to his previsous posts about IPTV and the downloadable television.

I think the issue is not so much about the Ipod and everyone asking why people would watch television shows on a 2"x2" screen, its about how you got the television show in the first place.

I haven't had a RBOC account for five years. There is no way I am going to trust any of those players to deliver IPTV. I want a fast pipe and a place to download shows I want to watch. That's what the Itunes store (and Comcast) gave me. Now I download "Lost" and watch it on my computer. Its not HD but I don't care, its good enough.

Also see The Mossberg Report for a review of other portable video players.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home