Thursday, April 06, 2006

John Battelle Interviews Gary Flake

Gary is an industry vertern now at Microsoft. Go read the interview for some insider techie talk about search and communities.

From the post:

"Let's talk about people as a preface to culture, because I want to get the "evil" thing out of the way. I know the reputation that MS has with some communities. I was hacking Linux in the early nineties, I have a four digit Slashdot userid, and I've personally written over 100,000 lines of open source code. I say all of this to qualify my opinion. Being new to MS, the biggest surprise for me was the people. I knew they were smart. I knew they were driven. I knew they were competitive. But I had no idea they would also collectively tend towards kindness, openness, self-criticism, passion, righteousness, and even uncertainty. These are great people -- from the executive team down to the rank and file -- these are simply wonderful people in every way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home