Wednesday, December 14, 2005

EVDO rocks

The other Cory over at Boing Boing talks about his expereince with EVDO:

"This week, I've been experimenting with various bits of EVDO wireless Internet kit from wireless-internet-broadband-service.com and Verizon, and I've been really impressed (and depressed at the thought of going back to Europe, where the comparable equipment is all locked down, overpriced and metered).

I've had the use of an EVDO card that worked flawlessly and speedily (rates comparable to the Ethernet connection in my hotel room) in my Mac, and which also seamless interfaced with a WiFi access point that was literally plug-and-play: just connect it to the wall-power, stick in the card, and the EVDO wireless service was retransmitted to my whole hotel-floor."

EVDO really has the potential to disrupt a number of businesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home