Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dell Responds, kind of

I posted "My Dad's Dell Nightmare" on Feb 8th. On Feb 13th "Margo" from Dell's custom care unit left a comment asking me to contact her to get some additional assistance.

I sent her an email stating among other things: "do you really expect to sell a $3,000 computer to then have a contract laborer take it apart and replace the motherboard? Are you kidding me?"

I haven't heard back from her.

I did talk to my Dad last night. He said that a new person was helping him and "was going around the usual conventions" to make sure he got a working computer. Apparently he saw my blog post and told the person that he was going to blog about his experience. That got the rep all worked up and so she offered to go off the standard play book to try and help him.

I am left wondering: Are you kidding me? I mean really. This is so ridiculous I can hardly believe it. Man threatens Fortune 500 company that can't seem to deliver a working product with a BLOG and gets peppy customer service....it would be funny if... well, no it is funny. Funny in a sad pathetic kind of way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home