Friday, February 17, 2006

Russell Beattie: MySpace, I don't get it

Russell comments on the MySpace/Helio deal:

"Why? Because I just don’t get it. I wish I did, but I don’t. Those crazy kids today, and all that. I mean, I get the components of it all - community, pictures, messages, music, social networking, yada-yada, but I don’t *get* why MySpace in particular is popular. I don’t grok it down deep. Or Facebook for that matter (not that I’ve ever seen Facebook - what a competitive advantage, hey? If you’re out of school you can’t even see what the hell the site does!). Why did these sites get such traction when others didn’t?

New mobile services are centered squarely at the MySpace culture and demographic… if I don’t grok them, I may not grok the future of mobility.

That’s going to keep me up at night, I swear."

I have only seen a little bit of Facebook past the first page. Actually it was fairly interesting, for other reasons. I too don't really get MySpace. The pages look awful and I don't understand the adding friends appeal. Oh well, that will make two of us up at night.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home