Tuesday, February 28, 2006

TV in the Real World

Daisy Whitney has a funny article on TV Week titled, "First Person: A Divergent Convergence, Outfitting a Home With Latest Gear a Nightmare Even for a Geek."

Daisy tried to get her TV working with Comcast DVR, Akimbo, Sling and TIVO.

From the post:

"Nothing works. I have six remotes, four set-top boxes, one high-definition TV and a wireless network sending connectivity to every corner of my home.

I am willing to wade through three months of botched hookups, bad boxes and burgeoning wires because I cover new technology. But I suspect the average consumer doesn't have as much patience.

If convergence is going to work, we'll need a cottage industry of supercharged new media experts who can quickly tame the devices into submission.

But you know what? It's not fun anymore.

In fact, just to spite my television and the jeering red lights of its tentacled boxes, I decided to show it who was boss.

I downloaded the last episode of "The Office" via iTunes, made some popcorn and curled up on the couch with my laptop.

It worked perfectly."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home